On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 04:21, Graham Watkins wrote:

> Just tried running under root (yes, I know I shouldn't) and it was much
> faster.  Then tried starting it as me using xfce4 which is less of a
> memory hog - such a slow opening I wondered for a while if it had
> crashed.  Looks like you may have something with the configuration
> problem idea.  I'm using mandrake binaries which came with the original
> installation.
>
> Cheers,

Create a new user. Login as that new user. Fire up OO and see if that
still takes an eternity to start. If it doesn't, then something is
strange about YOUR account/profile/home/settings

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389

Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux: Are you coming or what?

I try to keep an open mind, but not so open that my brains fall out. --
Judge Harold T. Stone