List resend

You guys with gmail addresses are a pain in the neck ;-).  I know you cannot
change the reply-to setting, so I only blame you for using the system, not
setting it up properly.  This is the third time in the last twenty-four hours
I have had to resend a reesponse to the list that I found in my sent after
not seeing it show up on the list.  In every case, the poster was sending
from a gmail address.

**Original Response Below**

On Saturday 30 October 2004 09:15 am, Paul Smith wrote:
> Is it possible to install Mandrake 10.1 Official without the ISO cds?
> Or should I wait until the ISO cds are available for downloading?

You can either download the entire distribution tree from an ftp mirror and
install from hard disk, or you can install directly from the dist tree, which
will only download the packages you are installing.

To do that, there is a floppy image that will boot and start the installation
process and you just point the installer to the location that contains the
distribution tree.   There are seperate floppy images for each kind of
install you might want to do, hard disk, network, cd-rom (for machines that
cannot boot from cd). There is also a small boot.iso which combines all of
the features of the various floppy images.  Just burn it and boot from it for
any kind of install.
--
/g