On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 09:28, JoeHill wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:48:28 -0700 (PDT)
> ali tig disseminated the following:
>
> > hello everybody,
> > i'm very newbie about mandrake10.0.
> > i installed the mandrake linux afew hours ago. but it started in text mode.
> > can you help me how can i start the kde (or gnome) in text mode?
> >
> > i tried the "startx" but it doesen't work.
>
> What error messages do you get from 'startx'?
>
> Did you configure X during installation (the 'summary' screen, IIRC)?
>
> What happens if you just log in and type 'kde'?

I think one of the main errors he's getting is when he tries to run
"startx" that it says:

JoeHill error: unable to locate any screams.
(g)
--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389

Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux: Are you coming or what?

Windows Airlines: The terminal is very neat and clean, the attendants
all very attractive, the pilots very capable. The fleet of Learjets the
carrier operates is immense. Your jet takes off without a hitch, pushing
above the clouds, and at 20,000 feet it explodes without warning.