On Sunday 31 October 2004 11:49, SnapafunFrank wrote:

> >>Or simply deletes strings within several files within a directory? [
> >>Similar to Find and Replace only across multiple documents at the same
> >>time. ]
> >>
> >>--
> >>Regards
> >>
> >>SnapafunFrank
> >
> >No, I mean deleting one of two any equal lines within a file,
> > automatically.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Rodolfo
>
> Sorry  Rodolfo, but I was adding to your thread as it is similar to my
> own  requirement. Hope someone here can answer both requests.
>
> SnapafunFrank

Looks like a clear case calling for a "scratch your own itch" script. Bash
should be able to do it all...I don't have time to sort it out for you guys.
I'm not deft enough to just swing it out of my sleeve...maybe somebody else
takes pity.

Or do some reading yourselfs...roll up 'em sleeves,heh;)
--
Good luck,
HarM