Derek Jennings wrote:

> On Monday 01 November 2004 17:08, Marc wrote:

>> > Opera - Hit F12
>> > Firefox/Mozilla - Install the extension -User Agent Switcher
>> > Konqueror - Setup>Browser Identification
>> >
>> > derek
>>
>>    Thanks Derek but that still leaves tell tale evidence that I am using
>> linux machine trying to pass it self off as a windoze machine at the end
>> of
>> the user agent string.  I need to actually find the user agent and edit
>> it to appear exactly as a windoze machine running IE.
>>
>>     Marc
>
> The User Agent Switcher in Firefox allows you to define your own string.
> Doesn't that do what you need?
> Also I'm pretty sure you can customise konqueror's user agent strings. I'm
> kust not sure where that data is kept.
>
> derek

logs from my webserver before and after chang user-agent in konq, as
described by derek, to tell the server that I'm an IE 5.5 on w2k

[1.11.2004/18:19:12] >200< [GET xxxxxxxx/xxxxx/index.html]   Mozilla/5.0
(compatible; Konqueror/3.3; Linux) (KHTML, like Gecko)
lundin.homelinux.net    192.168.0.13

[1.11.2004/18:21:07] >200< [GET xxxxxxxx/xxxxx/index.html]   Mozilla/4.0
(compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0)     lundin.homelinux.net
192.168.0.13

--
/Björn
http://lundin.homelinux.net