Hi,

I tried to install mandrake 10.1 community on a PIII machin.
During the installation anything were ok. but the system could not boot.

when the boot process launched vmlinuz, the system restarted.

I checked the bootsector and I used both lilo and grub.

for example I tried to boot the system with a grub boot diskett, in the following steps:

grab> root (hd0,6)

grab> kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda7
[Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1400, size=0x13e622]

grab> boot

the last command results restarting the system with any additional message.

I tried with another machin but the problem was not solved.

I can boot the installed mandrake 10.1 with SUSE Linux 9.1 Boot CD with the option of "Boot Installed System". But it is not possible to boot the system with its own kernel.

Any idea?

Thanks
Ali Azarnoosh

Do you Yahoo!?