Hello,

I am using Mandrake Linux 10, Firefox v. 1.0 is installed as my default
browser, Kmail is my default email client.

When I click on a web link in Kmail, Firefox launches but opens to a local
version of the file (cached). Here's an example of what happens when I click
on a link to google:

www.google.com

and this is what opens in Firefox:

file:///var/tmp/kdecache-user/krun/2159.0.google

I don't get the website, I get a locally stored version of the site and no
links from the site work.

It happens every time with every web link. The only way to open the web page
is to copy the link and paste it into the address bar of Firefox. I never had
this problem when I was using Opera as my default browser. It always opened
the proper web page whenever a link was clicked. What's going on with Firefox
and how do I correct this problem?

Any help resolving this problem is greatly appreciated! Thank you.