Well I found the issue.. I didn't put a & at the end of my gnome-session statement.  It works with no problems now.

Stephen Kühn wrote:
On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 04:09, Lovell Mcilwain wrote:

Hello all,

I can't seem to get the gnome desktop manager when I try to view my mdk
machine here at my office.

I have put the following in my xstartup but it doesn't seem to be working

#!/bin/sh

# Mandrake Linux VNC session startup script
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

exec /usr/bin/gnome-session

I can' get a window like it wants to start but it just sits there.. It
also looks like it was trying to start a KDE session instead of gnome.

Any help is appreciated.

Uh - you have to make changes to the ~/home/yournamehere/.vnc/ files in
order to have the desktop of your choice load when you connect to your
machine remotely...

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389

Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux: Are you coming or what?

Power, n.: The only narcotic regulated by the SEC instead of the FDA.