Lorin & Jenny Pino wrote:

Kppp will dial in and establish a connection. However, I can't access any web sites. If I try ping www.yahoo.com <http://www.yahoo.com>, I get ping: unknown host www.yahoo.com <http://www.yahoo.com>. If I try ping 216.109.118.66 as seen on an earlier post, I get connect: network is not reachable. I am running Mandrake 9.1. What do I need to change?
Thanks!

Maybe you have experienced a problem with kppp which I have had recently.

The dynamic IP addressing aspect of a kppp login failed.
Though my ISP supports dynamic IP addressing.

I had to set it up using static IP addressing in /etc/resolve as a work around.

There being a bug in the particular version of kppp that I was using at the time.

Just a thought.

John