On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 11:44, Paul Kaplan wrote:
> Has anyone gotten VMWare 4.5.2 to run on a 10.1 host?
>
> It installed fine from the rpm, but when executing vmware-config.pl (as a
> normal user or root) it ended with the following:

> make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/linux-2.6.8.1-12mdk'
> cp -f vmmon.ko ./../vmmon.o
> make: execvp: cp: Permission denied
> make: *** [auto-build] Error 127
> make: Leaving directory '/root/tmp/vmware-config2/vmmon-only'
> Unable to build the vmmon module
> This was followed by some pointers to potentially helpful sites, which weren't
> very helpful.
>
> Any thoughts?
> TIA
> Paul

Mate, I had a tough enough time getting it to install/build properly on
kernel 2.6.3-7 - and had to Google through the newsgroups to find a fix;
luckily I did find one relatively quickly...didn't save the URL neither
- sorry mate - but hey, Google is your friend...

As well, have you hunted around on the VMWare site itself to see if they
have any patches/fixes?

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389

Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux: Are you coming or what?

One day you may achieve something that we Simpsons have dreamed about
for generations. You may outsmart someone. -- Homer Simpson Bart The
Genius