On Tuesday 02 November 2004 07:18 pm, Elliot Somers wrote:
> I am trying to install mdbtools-0.5-1.i386.rpm I am running
> mandrake 10.0. the error that came up was
> "mdbtools-0.5-1.i386 (due to unsatisfied libreadline.so.4)"
> That it cannot install because it cannot find libreadline.so.4
> I have the libreadline4 package installed in my system so I
> don't know what it's talking about. Any help I'd appreciate.
> Thanks,
> Elliot

     Dunno, you should have it.  FWIW, this is on a 10.1 system

tom $ rpm -q --whatprovides /lib/libreadline.so.4
libreadline4-4.3-7mdk

     You might try installing the devel package.  It could be that
on 10.0, the lib files were packaged separately in -devel

tom # urpmi -y libreadline4
The following packages contain libreadline4:
libreadline4
libreadline4-devel

--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American