On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Elliot Somers wrote:

> I was looking over what might have gone wrong with getting the
> libreadline.so.4 error when I tried to install this package.
> mdbtools-0.5-1.i386.rpm
> I have all the libreadline packages installed and yet it doesn't seem to
> detect them. Now, there is a patch that the installation instructions say to
> apply, though I am a newbie and don't know how to apply such a "patch." Can
> anyone help with how one might do this, or if that might be my problem. The
> website for the instructions is
> http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/mdb/index.html
> I am running Mdk 10.0 Official, dload version. No one on the dba-dev mail list
> is answering, so if you guys know something, I appreciate it.
> Everyone has helped so far as I read all the new posts. I am very grateful for
> how helpful the linux community has been.
> Elliot

You'd probably have much more luck using the mandrake package, rather than
some foreign rpm:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# urpmq -i mdbtools
extracting mdbtools-0.5-2mdk.i586
Name        : mdbtools
Version     : 0.5
Release     : 2mdk
Group       : Development/Databases
Size        : 151954                       Architecture: i586
Source RPM  : mdbtools-0.5-2mdk.src.rpm      Build Host:
klama.mandrake.org

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# cat /etc/mandrake-release
Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Official) for i586

short answer: urpmi mdbtools

--
Stew Benedict
Mandrakesoft