Użytkownik Aron Smith napisał:

I cannot get m player to open the DVD plaer
It works (the DVD/CD rom/rw
works fine for every thing except playing DVDs
there is no DVD icon on the desktop this is the only removable drive in system so what am I doing wrong ?

Hello Aron Smith!
A few questions:
1) which Mandrakelinux version do you use?
2) What DVD players do you have installed?
3) What is the player's DVD device setting set up to (I think it should be /dev/cdrom, but I cannot say it for sure if you give us so little information)?
Without more information, we cannot help you, I am afraid.

Wojciech Podgórni