On Monday 08 November 2004 01:29 am, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I notice that there is cpufreq now in Mdk10.1, which is great, my notebook
> now can run longer on battery. However, KDE starts very slowly (around 5
> minutes). I suspect it is related to cpufreq. Is there anyway we can
> control cpufreq?
> Thanks.

cpufreq is controlled by cpufreq.conf, but that is unlikely why KDE starts
slow.  My experience with KDE anf GNOME slow startups is that they are
usually related to local name reslution, namely that the machine is having
trouble resolving itself.  Did you give your machine a hostname, is tmdns
installed, what does you /etc/hosts file look like?
--
/g