Sounds similar to my Compaq 2100's issues.  I was able to setup/load
custom DSDT, which solved the ACPI and related problems. (Although
prism54 still doesn't work as I hit the usual, mfg changed internals
but kept the same product number. Ndiswrapper works for me, from
sourceforge.)

Some help on setting up a DSDT:

http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/HardwareHowTo#ACPI_Cust
om_DSDT