Anne Wilson wrote:
I've been asked to help specify a box for a gamer, and he is wondering whether an LCD monitor is capable these days of keeping up with games. Can anyone tell me whether they use one?

Anne

I play many games on my Dell Inspiron 5150 with its 1600x1200 LCD and I must say I've been very impressed with the display.

The resonse times of modem LCD's has improved dramatically in the last year or so and there are many displays with response times under or around the 20ms mark.. the lower the time, the less likely you are to get ghosting.

Having said that, a real gaming zealot would probably still prefer a 19-21inch CRT because they still have the edge for games.

--
rgds

Franki http://htmlfixit.com

Get the best browser on the net, and help spread the word about Firefox!
http://www.spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliates&id=1042&t=1

Linux user number: 218317 (counter.li.org)