On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 23:29, Thomas Ewender wrote:
> hey,
>
> just tried Xine and Ogle, neither of them shows more than the Goldwyn-Mayer
> - trailer :-(
> I got some more detailed debug messages from ogle, seems that Ogle can only
> read the first title of the DVD.
>
> display: frame rate: 0.000 fps
> display: frame rate: 25.001 fps
> display: frame rate: 25.001 fps
> WARNING[ogle_mpeg_ps]: dvdreadblocks only got 182, wanted 219
> WARNING[ogle_mpeg_ps]: dvdreadblocks returned 0
> WARNING[ogle_mpeg_ps]: dvdreadblocks only got 0, wanted 37
> WARNING[ogle_mpeg_ps]: dvdreadblocks returned 0
> WARNING[ogle_mpeg_ps]: dvdreadblocks only got 0, wanted 37
> WARNING[ogle_mpeg_ps]: dvdreadblocks returned 0
> WARNING[ogle_mpeg_ps]: dvdreadblocks only got 0, wanted 37
> WARNING[ogle_mpeg_ps]: dvdreadblocks returned 0
> WARNING[ogle_mpeg_ps]: dvdreadblocks only got 0, wanted 37
> WARNING[ogle_mpeg_ps]: dvdreadblocks returned 0
> Ogle can't read any data.
> Make sure that the CSS authentication works correctly.
>
> One thing they mentioned in the FAQ was to set the dvd drive to writable
> for the user, which i did, but that didn't help.
> And I must shamefully admit :-) my dvds work on windows, so it can't be the
> country code setting either.
>
> Looks like a rather tricky problem...

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, but my hard drive died on the
weekend and its taken me 4 days to do a full re-install and restore
everything from back-up :-)

Quick check of my trusty copy of The Matrix shows that everything still works
here.  Mmmm Carrie-Anne Moss in vinyl kicking a...  Wha?  Oh, yeah, your
problem :-)

Anyway, here's the DVD reading/decoding packages I have installed:
libdvdcss2 - plf
libdvdread3- mdk
libdvdcontrol9 - plf
libdvdnav4- mdk
libdvdplay0- mdk
libcss0 - plf

Now, not all of those are necessary, only the first 2, but the rest don't
hurt :-)

The xine packages I have are:
libxine1 - plf
xine-plugins - plf