Thanks Stephen! :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stephen Kühn
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 12:49 PM
To: Mandrake Newbie
Subject: Re: [newbie] Netmon and Linux

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 03:19, Manaxus wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am coming from the Microsoft world and learning LINUX so I am
> wondering if anyone is familiar with the network monitoring tool
> called netmon. If so, does LINUX have a tool similar to it?
>

> Thanks,
>
> -Manaxus

Microsoft's version of just about any networking tool came originally
from UNIX, POSIX, MINIX - and was incorporated into XENIX; hence, there
are more network monitoring/sniffing tools available for *NIX systems;
you should already have /usr/sbin/net_monitor installed; and then you
can as well urpmi etherape, ethereal; there is also Cheops, NESSUS,
trafshow, and a slew of others.

Take a moment to go to freshmeat.net; in the search box type: monitor;
you will see HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of different network monitoring
applicdations and sniffers; and you've only begun to scratch the surface
there...

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389

Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux: Are you coming or what?

Oh my god, you killed Kenny You bastard.