> Linux does not like idle memory, so when it sees some free it uses it, but
> if it is needed for another app it will free it up for the higher priority
> app. It is not a problem and should cause no slowdowns or hangs.

I like this one. Some times ago I bought a 512 MB memory chip for my desktop
PC already with 256 MB memory running MDK 9.1. Before I turned on it I tought
that I'd have quite a lot free memory. But unluckily, I just found I had
around 200 MB free memory (Without this new 512 MB chip, I remembered the
free memory is over 100 MB then).  But when I run some matlab program, it
used over 500 MB memory which is what I needed. So I don't worry too much
about it now.

Q.H.