On Thursday 11 November 2004 23:10, Derek Jennings wrote:

<large snip>
> If you go to http://scan.sygatetech.com/ you can check which
> other ports are open.
</large snip>

Derek, on a related note : when doing so from my box - which isn't a
server - the scan invariably warns me that my ports 80 (http) and
port 113 (ident) are closed, but not blocked.  In shorewall I've
disabled all services. The same result shows when trying
http://www.grc.com

Question : how to block ports in shorewall and what is the downside
of blocking those ports ?

TIA
Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *