I'm downloading the DVD-ISO and am going to copy its contents into an
empty partition.  I plan to add a line to the boot loader pointing to
that partition.

1.  I have two paths to vmlinuz in the isolinux directory, alt0 or
alt1.  Does anyone know which I should point to, or how to determine
the correct one?

2.  When I tried to do this using a floppy with a grub image, I kept
getting an error showing file not found.  It was also showing
Filesystem type ext2fs partition type 0x83.  But I have, according to
MCC, Journalised filesystem ext3 (0x483).  Do I need to reformat in
ext2fs for the installation, or should the install kernel support the
ext3 partition?

        Couple of reasons behind all this -- CD burner not working in linux,
and I have maybe just enough room on the old MS partition (burner
works under their windowing OS) for 1 CD-ROM ISO at a time.  Not
worth fixing CD burner if the new install will do it for me, and
certainly not worth rebooting six times and twiddling my thumbs while
the CD burns.

Thanks,
Fred

Now if I could just remember why I made a 14 gig root partition last
time.  121 megs used.  Hmmmm.....