On Saturday 13 November 2004 06:24, Cezary Morga wrote:

> No. My ISP doesn't even give me any e-mail account, so I doubt they
> would like to block it. And as I have mentioned the problem occurred
> some time ago - two weeks? I ain't sure.
>
> I have problems connecting to mail servers via SMTP (yes I've check if
> I'm using the right port). POP3 works well.

The mail servers must be using some sort of authentication mechanism or else
they would be blocked to here and back for running open relays and even if
you could connect, it would do you little good because everyone would drop
your mail server's packets anyway.

Perhaps they are using POP before SMTP for authentication and require you to
download or check your mail before sending?

--
Bryan Phinney