This came from Pierre Fortin on the expert list.  It is a very good idea,
should help us a lot.

<quote>
Here's one idea for finding info about the TWiki on
your own system...

1. If everyone who's gone to Twiki pages can issue the following command
on their system, maybe we can build a memory-jogger list of pages.  Just
copy and paste the three lines in one action, and you'll get a list of
pages you've visited...

----------%<-----------

grep vmlinuz.ca .mozilla/`whoami`/*/history.dat | \
awk /vmlinuz/'{split($0,a,"Main/");split(a[2],a,")");\
split(a[1],a,"?");print a[1];next;exit}' | sort | uniq

---------->%-----------

I'm posting my output in a separate thread:

       Re: [expert] Plea for help! --> MY MEMORY JOGGER LIST

2. The above command seems a bit convoluted; but here's how to read it so
that you can modify it to find other info on your own system:

     grep vmlinuz.ca
# just a stock grep
     .mozilla/`whoami`/*/history.dat | \
# the file to grep (`whoami` -> your userid)
     awk /vmlinuz/
# look for lines containing "vmlinuz"
# the next part says what to do with it
     '{split($0,a,"Main/");
# split a matching line ($0) at "Main/"; put result in array "a"
     split(a[2],a,")");\
# split the 2nd (right) part at ")" -- may not have ")"
     split(a[1],a,"?");
# split the 1st (left) part from previous at "?" -- may not have "?"
     print a[1];
# output the result (left part)
     next;
# loop on all the lines from grep
     exit}' |
# exit when done and pipe to:
     sort |
# sort output of awk and pipe to:
     uniq
# which removes duplicates

Note that a[1] refers to the left side of the split result and a[2] to the
right side (assuming a simple split)...

Do NOT post your results to this list; I'm starting a separate thread for
that...
</quote>

I will start a new thread on this list called Plea for help! --> MY MEMORY
JOGGER LIST

If you could post your output to that I will see that it is included in the
list.  Within a day or so it should be quite possible to have an almost
complete list, which will greatly help reconstruction.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302