On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:46:35 +0100
"Tony S. Sykes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has anybody got the Gainward fx5700 Ultra working with Mandy 10? I have not
> had a good Linux fix on my home PC for months now and to make matters worse I
> have somehow contracted a virus in windows (Normally all emails goes through
> Mandy). X just does not seem to be happy with the card at all. I have used
> the nv driver, no luck, the Nvidia driver no luck, I just can't get a
> graphical interface, but it is fine during installation and everything else.
> My XFree86 log does not show anything helpful at the moment and all I get
> when I start X is the screen flashing every now and again with all the
> colours while it is trying to display the screen. I have looked around
> various site and even posted some of the errors to the list but I still have
> not fixed it.
>
> Thanks for listening,
>
> Tony.

<snip>

Tony
    Not sure if this helps but I've got the Gainward fx5600 256mb working with
Mandrake 10 official.  The nv driver has worked for me and I currently use the
Nvidia 5336 driver.  The only thing I haven't tried to get working is dual
monitor support (need to do some editing of the XF86Config-4 file to get it to
work).

Steve M.
--
Mandrake Linux 10.0 (Official)