On Wednesday 17 November 2004 15:19, Lincoln Rutledge wrote:
> HarM,
>
> That is a great tip!  When I plug in the device under Mandrake, it loads
> the prism2 module, but yeah, iwconfig and ifconfig do nothing.
> Unfortunately neither apropos nor the iwconfig docs helped me.  But I
> will investigate kismet!  Maybe I won't have to compile anything!  It
> seems like building kernels from source has gotten more complicated
> since about 1999, I don't have much luck any more...
>
> Lincoln

I had a link up about a usb card (wl-012 card from sitecom) ....it's at:
http://people.zeelandnet.nl/triade/linux/wl-012.html ...it's a text-copy of a
page by a sitecom employee which has disapeared since a while.

That was using a 2.4 kernel (and a different device) but there should be some
usable stuff in there about configuring and stuff. Take a look and see what
you can use.
--
Good luck,
HarM