On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 10:20, hackhound wrote:
> My ISP assigns me a dynamic IP address.  My DSL modem/router is
> configured only to allow ports 22 (SSH) and 80 (HTTP) to passthough to
> my ML9.2 box.  I ran Nmap to confirm this, and it came back saying
> that ports 23 (Telnet) and 80 were open.  I then went to www.grc.com
> and ran a port probe from there.  It told me just what I was
> expecting, ports 22 and 80.  So, my question is, why is this disparity
> happening?
>
> Thanks,
> Hackhound

There is probably a firewall setup on your router. Admin the router -
check it out (you should be able to access the router via a browser,
right?)

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389

Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux: Are you coming or what?

'You don't think you've had enough, do you?' he said. I KNOW WHEN I'VE
HAD ENOUGH. 'Everyone says that, though. I KNOW WHEN EVERYONE'S HAD
ENOUGH. (Moving Pictures)