On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 07:29, Vegard Lundby Rekaa wrote:
> I can't get sun microosystems java vm to work with my mozilla 1.6. I get
> the installation to work and there are no error messages. But when I
> browse the internett at java sites, it doesn't work. I've tried several
> times and googled for the answer.
>
> is there anybody out there who made java vm work?
>
> Has: mdk 10.0, kernel 2.6.8, mozilla 1.6
> Regards vegard

I did mine by hand the hard way - which I like even better than the
Kaffe version of JavaVM that comes bundled with 10.0 OE

I created a dir in /usr/src for the jre binary I got from Sun; then
edited the /etc/profiles.d/jre shell scripts to point to the new dir;
then put my plugins in their proper places
(/usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/plugins, /usr/local/firefox/plugins and so on) as
well as renamed the necessary softlinks in /usr/bin to point to the
proper binaries...works like a charm - but a bit of work...

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389

Windows: Where do you want to go today?
MacOS: Where do you want to be tomorrow?
Linux: Are you coming or what?

Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't make eight cats pull a sled
through the snow.