On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:42:19 -0800
Aron Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Actually windows will not be secure as long as .exe .com and .dll
> files can automatically run

as root, despite microsoft trying to patent the sudo technology, yet
disabling such a feature in XP.

Thanks for letting me finish your sentence :)

The kicker is that these apps all run in an unrestricted environment,
and we all know about stuff like Outlook, which is configured to open
attachments and run them before the user knows what has happened. But
I've been out of the Windows world since 1993, although I do use Windows
machines at work sometimes :(.

And why are .com files even supported anyway? Those things are holdovers
from CP/M, for god's sake.