On Tuesday 23 November 2004 11:01 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

> Well, I replaced the P/S. That was my very first thought as well. It
> didn't make any difference as to the symptoms. Only replacing the
> video card returned it to a usable system.

P/S can and is usually the cause of other hardware failure,  even though
a P/S may not show signs of failure itself it can cause great damage to
other components.  I recently had a system in which two new hard drives
were toasted lucky for me the store where i purchased from was willing
to replace them after of course replacing the P/S.

I would still try and return the card you never know.

> As I said, its the very first time I've had a video card fail. It
> just doesn't seem to happen.
>
> Can I blame it on Doom3, since he was playing it when it happened?
> :-)

Yeah doom3 most defiantly can burn stuff out,  umm especially the mind.
Keep an eye on him :-)

Regards,
Dan Gordon
--
Tue Nov 23 11:36:02 EST 2004
 11:36:02 up 1 day, 14:08,  2 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.06, 0.06