On Tuesday 23 November 2004 9:58 am, Ron Hunter-Duvar wrote:
> In fact, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it was Asus that was in the
> news recently for breaking the ethernet on their motherboards in a way that
> makes it only work with Windoze but not with Linux, and responding to
> complaints with "we don't support Linux on our motherboards".

I don't know about in the news, but I have an ASUS mobo in a server, and it's
ethernet sure doesn't work with Linux.  I have to use an ethernet PCI-card
for networking.  Pesky, but at least the integrated graphics-card hasn't been
biased against 'real' software...  I may not have ethernet on the mobo, but
the graphics and sounds works.
      cheers,
         Scotti
--
Sarki Gwaggo/Little Dude/Little Bear/Shorty/Dory/Sigma
Dude/SigmaChi/Scotchz/Doorhelp2/Pigme/Erikimo/Neilleo/Scotti.... A.K.A Eric

Registered Linux user #: 366862