On Friday 26 November 2004 10:11 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> it doesn't work like that i got an error msg, "cannot open this file no
> plugins to handle it"
> i also tried Xine and still related error "There is no demuxer plugin
> available to handle "mnt/cdrom/folder/moviefile.dat"

I just grabbed my only VCD at home, and stuck it in my CD drive, opened Xine,
and used the GUI to press the VCD button. Voila! It works.

Here are the list of Xine plugin rpms I have:
# rpm -qa |grep xine
xine-win32-1-0.rc7.1plf
xine-ui-0.99.2-1mdk
libxine1-1-0.rc7.1plf
xine-faad-1-0.rc7.1plf
xine-dxr3-1-0.rc7.1plf
xine-plugins-1-0.rc7.1plf
xine-flac-1-0.rc7.1plf
xine-arts-1-0.rc7.1plf

I am pretty sure that the VCD is in the libxine1 rpm. You may also want the
win32 plugin if the CD is made with Windows code imbedded in it.

Note that these are all from PLF, which needs to be included as a source for
urpmi to find it. You can configure urpmi for PLF at
http://easyurpmi.zarb.org/, just follow the instructions. And instead of
typing the commands, you may copy and in the Konsole window, right click, and
paste from the context window. Then hit enter to run the commands.

Rob

--
Mountlake Terrace, WA
USA