RickSisler ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > Greg Meyer ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

--8<-- snip --8<--

Hi All and Raffaele,
I couldn't rip a music cd although Grip would *act* like it was, but
wouldn't encode the tracks, so obviously something was amiss.
And so after reading the grip documentation, in order to get the drive to
actually use the cdrom/dvd drive correctly, I had to add the /dev/sda to
the config tab of Grip and it now *works* well. It had to do with scsi
emulation without adding anything to the lilo append line.

Thx for the help, Greg and Stephen, 8)
--
RickS                              Registered Linux user #338463
Mdk 10.1 OE - Linux 2.6.8.1-12mdk        @ http://counter.li.org