On Wednesday 01 Dec 2004 22:33, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 Dec 2004 21:27, Peter Watson wrote:
> > Using 10.1 OE I need mjpegtools to use kino. Its not on my cd's but I
> > found mjpegtools-1.6.2-7mdk.i586.rpm on the mandrake 10.1 main mirrors,
> > however I can't urpmi this due to unsatisfied libmplex2-1.6.so.0.
> >
> > I also found mjpegtools-1.6.2-8mdk.i586.rpm on rpm.pbone, but I get the
> > same libmplex2-1.6.so.0 error.
> >
> > Next I tried mjpegtools-1.6.2-1.i386.rpm from sourceforge but this fails
> > due to unsatisfied libpng.so.2. I have a libpng.so.3 installed so I tried
> > a symlink but it still wont urpmi.
> >
> > I don't know how to resolve this, has anyone got any advice how to get a
> > working mjpegtools with 10,1 OE please.
>
> Peter, I installed mjpegtools last thing yesterday in 10.1 Official, and
> today used lavrec and glav without problems.  I've shut everything down for
> the night now, but in the morning I'll check out whether I'm using
> libmplex2-1.6. I didn't do anything fancy to get it, that's for sure.  This
> is the Mandrake version of the tools.  Under 10.0 I had to use the
> sourceforge version, as sdl was not supported in the Mandrake version, but
> this looks much better.
>
> Anne

Anne and Joe

Thank you both for your positive responses. I have been having so many
problems with 10.1 that last night I was feeling despondent and seriously
considering going back to 10.0.

However this morning after reading your replies and feeling more optimistic I
tried again, this time libmpegtools was proposed instead of failing with
unresolved dependencies and the installation went ahead perfectly.

No idea what went wrong last night., perhaps a glitch with the mirror?

Many thanks

--
Pete
Ardnamurchan    Scotland