On Friday 03 December 2004 00:53, you wrote:
> On Thursday 02 December 2004 03:26 am, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > >
> > > Sounds like a good reason to get samba up and running on your
> > > Mdk box;)
> >
> > Maybe I'm paranoid, but after that experience we don't allow
> > her Windows box contact with anything outside her room.
> >
> > BTW : Do you know a USB memory stick (about 512 MB) that works
> > with Linux ?
> >
> > Kaj Haulrich.
> > --
> > *sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
> >          * http://haulrich.net *
> > *Running Linux (Mandrake 10.1) - kernel 2.6.8*
>
> PNY seem to work well, I have one formatted in fat32 and it will
> work on all my machines. HTH

Thanks Dennis.  I just spent a few hours surfing around my local
(Danish) resellers, found hundreds of USB sticks, but no one - that
is NO ONE - specified anything but Windows or Mac.

Then, my daughter gave me her wish-list for Christmas : a MP3
player.  A new search for those gadgets reveiled - not surprisingly
- that Sweden is way ahead of Denmark.  At a Swedish company (Jens
of Sweden) I found a MP3 player that

1. Can function as an USB memory stick (512 MB)
2. Is fully Linux compatible.
3. Plays ogg.Vorbis......

Ordered it on the spot (please don't tell my daughter).

Kaj Haulrich.