Check to see if the raid controller is supported in Mandrake 10.1. I bought an off board promise ide raid and did not do a deep research on it early this year. I just checked promise website and it said that the card is supported. After buying the card, I tried to install mandrake 9.2. It did not recognize the card. So I did a deeper research and found out that promise only has proprietary drivers for Redhat, SUSE, and Turbo. Mandrake is only supported at version 9. So I was out of luck. I searched on Google and others said that the card is only recognized as ide controller under linux not raid since it is not real raid.
I don't know if it works when you install mandrake on a separate hard drive on the same raid controller.

It 's just my thoughts.

J.T.

Just purchased a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 mother board. It has an on board ide
raid controller, ITE 8211 i think. I have 2 X 250GB maxters set up with raid
0 . Will Mandrake 10.1 (Linux Format mag version) detect and set it up OK. I
already have win 2000 pro on it.
Also will it make much difference performance wise, booting and running
mandrake on a raid setup against running it on a standard ide master / slave
set up. I ask as i still have ide channel 0 empty and I am thinking of
chucking in another drive to run Mandrake on instead of the partition I have
set aside on the raid drives.