I sent this last night, but sympa never sent me a confirmation, so here it is
again...

Subject: Re: [newbie] need help installing 10.1
Date: December 5, 2004 23:00
From: Ron Hunter-Duvar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On December 4, 2004 14:05, Angus Auld wrote:
> Greetings,
> I just got my 10.1 cd's from Cheapbytes, and I am trying to get it
> installed on my Dell Inspiron. Trouble is, I can't seem to figure out how I
> can access the option to choose another type of filesystem other than the
> default ext3.
>
> Could someone here give me the lowdown on choosing to install with reisers
> fs??? I can get a screen where my choice is requested, but when I type in
> reisers, it just ignores my choice and reverts to default.
>
> Help please?
>
> --Angus

I just did a re-install recently (had to resize some partitions). You have to
choose "Custom partitioning" (or something like that, not sure I have the
exact wording). From there you create each partition, set the size and choose
the type.

--
Ron
ron dot hunterduvar at shaw dot ca

Opinions expressed here are all mine. Rights to have
the same opinions are granted under the GNU GPL :^)