Amy wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 13:05:57 -0700, mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>I have a Deskjet 970cxi printer with a with a two sided module
>>(looks like a double roller gadjet that fits on the back of the
>>printer).
>>
>>I would like to be able to print on both sides of the paper for book
>>or tablet printing. I found the commands for printing using manual
>>feed through the module. I have cups installed and printer works fine.
>>
>>Does anyone have any experience with this printer or two sided printing?
>>
>>Or point me in a direction to look?
>>
>>I have been doing some searching and reading but not much luck yet.
>>
>>Thanks
>>Mike
>

> I know when I set up my hp deskjet 6122, in order to get the duplex
> printing, I had to go find a module/driver/whatever you call it made
> specifically for the hp printers to get it to work duplex. Google is
> your friend here.
>
> I need to actually find it again, since I recently did a reinstall,
> and haven't tried to reinstall the driver. If/when I deal with that
> again, I'll give you links and/or names of what to look for. I do
> remember having to install the module/driver/whatever from source, I
> didn't find any nice happy rpms. But it wasn't hard, I managed to do
> it without one of my friends hand holding me through the process,
> because the site I found it on was very specific about how to do it.
> ^_^
>
> Good luck.

Thanks Amy,

The hpijs driver is what works for my printer, and it works!
mdk10.0 with cups version 1.1.20 is what I have.

I had to enable it in printer configuration and select
"long-side" or "short side" as HarM mention in the other reply.

Its great, I don't feel so bad now when I print a howto or manpage.
 :-)

Mike