On Tuesday 07 December 2004 11:09 am, Danesh Daroui wrote:
> I see... :-)
> Well, I hope so, because Mandrake Linux is at least more userfriendly
> with nice user interface. But you know, the problem is that I can not
> update it at all. It always says that there is problem with contacting
> mirror sites and last time it says that update agent should be re-added
> again or something like that, however my internet connection is working
> fine and I have installed Mandrake 10.1 from an attached DVD to Linux
> Format magazine. So, how can I update its kerner and of course other
> parts if any update waqs available ?
>
> Regards,

You're going to find that 10.1 is really bleeding edge - it's still very new,
so there are going to be issues with it. Luckily, people are reporting the
problems they find, so updates will soon render these "issues" a non issue.
If you're wanting stability, you're probably better off with 10.0. I myself
am a RedHat convert, and love the ease of use of Mandrake, and while other
distros have similar package managers and such, I still prefer what I have
found with Mandrake Linux, and don't plan on going anywhere else. I'm sure
once you get the wrinkles ironed out you'll feel the same way :-)

--
Take care,
Randall Hobbs