----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Lindsay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [newbie] optimal cpu temp for mobile P4
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 15:26:34 +0000

> I get average 30 - 35 degree on my dell inspiron p4 3.06Ghz.
> I was getting 50 until clean off all the dust from the cooling block
> Hope this helps
>
> Chris
>
> > From: "Angus Auld" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: [newbie] optimal cpu temp for mobile P4
> > Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 22:11:26 -0300
> >
> > I wonder if anyone could give me an idea as to what would be an
> > optimal cpu temp for the P4 2.8GHz mobile processor in my Dell
> > Inspiron?
> > Currently I am seeing a mean temp of about 55C from gkrellm, with
> > variations of about 2-3 degrees up and down with fan cycling. Is
> > this about right?
> >
> > TIA for your feedback.
> >
> > Best regards.
> >
> > --Angus

Thanks for the reply Chris, my comp is new, so I don't think cleaning would
help much.
Your temps make me very uncomfortable with what I'm seeing here..

I hope someone else can ease my mind a little on this.

Best regards.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around
in awareness." -- James Thurber

~Linux Laptop, Powered by Mandrake 10.1~
~Reg. Linux User #278931~

From your mailbox to local or overseas cell phones.