Duncan Anderson wrote:
Keith Powell wrote:

A very basic question, please.

How do I find out which groups I am in and, if necessary, create and add myself to another group.

You can look at /etc/group to see which groups you belong to.

Sorry, I just can't find how to do it in Mandrake. MCC->System->Users and groups doesn't appear do it.

You can edit /etc/group (as root) and manually create a new group and add yourself to it. (Make sure you assign a unique group id number if you create a new group.)

Having said that, are you sure MCC doesn't allow you to add groups?

regards
Duncan

Thanks for the information, Duncan.

I was wrong, you can add groups with MCC. Derek explained how to do it in his reply.

Cheers

Keith