On Wednesday 08 December 2004 10:20 am, Vegard Lundby Rekaa wrote:
> >      I should have asked last time, what Mandrake version?
> >
> >      No idea about 'NON CCS Disk'.  Try looking around here,
> > http://www.google.com/linux?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=NON+CCS
> >+Disk&btnG=Google+Search
> >
> >      What does 'cdrecord dev=ATA:1,0,0 -checkdrive'  return?
> >
> >      You might also try it for your CDrom, dev=ATA:1,1,0

> hello again.
>
> I should have told you the first time.. sorry. Running mdk10.0
> with kernel 2.6.3-7mdk.
> It seems like hdd is the problem. But I can not say what is
> wrong. The commands you gave me are below.
>
> Thanks for helping!!!
> Best regards from Vegard
>

> 'cdrecord dev=ATA:1,0,0 -checkdrive'      gives this result:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] vegard]$ cdrecord dev=ATA:1,0,0 -checkdrive
> Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a28-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)

> Vendor_info    : 'LITE-ON '
> Identifikation : 'LTR-48126S      '
> Revision       : '2QS5'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc   CD-R/CD-RW driver (mmc_cdr).
> Driver flags   : MMC-3 SWABAUDIO BURNFREE FORCESPEED
> Supported modes: TAO PACKET SAO SAO/R96P SAO/R96R RAW/R16
> RAW/R96P RAW/R96R

     Seems like your burner is ready to go. I can't help with
GUI's cause I don't use them, but on the CL just specify your
burner as   dev=ATA:1,0,0     10.x uses ATA, not ide-scsi

    EG to burn an .iso
cdrecord -v -eject driveropts=burnfree speed=16 dev=ATA:1,0,0 -dao
<name_of.iso>

    If you've got an .iso handy, test the above but with the
-dummy option added (see below).  You'll need to put in a blank
CDr, but -dummy will prevent writing anything to it.

   If you don't have an .iso handy, make one.
mkisofs -r -o cd_image /path/to/a/dir/with_suitable_data_files

   Then try,
cdrecord -v -eject driveropts=burnfree speed=24 dev=ATA:1,0,0
-data -dummy cd_image

(in the above examples adjust speed= to 1/2 your burners rating)

> 'cdrecord dev=ATA:1,1,0 -checkdrive'    gave this result:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] vegard]$ cdrecord dev=ATA:1,1,0 -checkdrive
> Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a28-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)

> cdrecord: Cannot do inquiry for CD/DVD-Recorder.
> cdrecord: Success. test unit ready: scsi sendcmd: no error
> CDB:  00 00 00 00 00 00
> status: 0x4 (CONDITION MET/GOOD)
> cmd finished after 5.471s timeout 40s
> cdrecord: The unit seems to be hung and needs power cycling.

  I dunno.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American