Paul Smith wrote:
Dear All

I am trying to install a program using the following command inside a
the script installMapleLinuxSU:

sh ./LinuxInstaller.bin

but I get the error:

bash: ./installMapleLinuxSU: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

PS: Since I am a GMail user, please be sure that you reply to the list.

Check if LinuxInstaller.bin is a script, and if it is, look at the first line. It should be #!/<something> where <something> is the interpreter for running the script. One problem that is still fairly common is that the full path will be provided, but it will be the wrong one for your system. If it is /usr/local/bin, try changing it to /usr/bin and see if it works. Or you can run "witch <command>" where <command> is the interpreter without the path. This will return the path if the command can be found.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!