I am trying to install a .tar.gz program but, as is usual with me, it is
proving a disaster. I can rarely get the things to install, but end up with
lots of error messages. I hate these type of files and usually don't have
anything to do with them.

However, I would like to install this one, if possible.

The last few lines of ,/configure are:

appending configuration tag "F77" to libtool
./configure: line 19136: test: too many arguments
checking for X... no
checking QTDIR... /usr/lib/qt3/
checking Qt version... grep: /usr/lib/qt3//include/qglobal.h: No such file or
directory
configure: error: *** Don't know how to handle this Qt major version

I assume that this means I have the wrong version of QT installed, but I don't
know which version is required by the program. The version of qt3 which I
have installed with Mandrake 10.1 Official, is 3.3.3-26. There is no other
version either on the disks or in the download sources. My /usr/lib/qt3
folder does not have "include" or "qglobal.h".

Please can someone help?

Many thanks

Keith