From: "Danesh Daroui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi all,
>
> I have installed mndk 10.1 official and created an account (except
> root). I could login with my account, but the only available account to
> login at the login window was my account. I don't  know how can I login
> as root ? In fact, the problem is even worse. I have deleted that
> account too and now a window just ask me for password and nothing is
> accepted. Noe my system is completely dangled thanks to mndk, anybody
> help ? urgent...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Danesh

All hope is not lost. First you need to be willing to work from the
commandline. "Cntl-Alt-F1" will present you with your commandline
prompt. Once there you can login as the root user. You're 1/3 of the
way home here.

As a test hit "alt-f2" and try to login as the alternate user you
created. If you can login you're 2/3 of the way home. If not you
must create a new user the hard way. "man adduser" is a start.
Mandrake appears to create users with a group the same as the
user name. Factor that into your "adduser" command. (I am not sure
of all the Mandrake options here. I'm a RedHat/Fedora fugitive and
new to Mandrake myself.) Some reading on the man page should help.
Once you've created the user give it a password with the "passwd"
command. If you created "newbie" then use "passwd newbie" to set
that account's password. You are now 2/3 of the way home.

a password. At worst you'd have to "telinit 3" then "telinit 5" to
get it to refresh and recognize the new user, if Mandrake did it
right. At that point login as the new user. Go to the system
administration tools for managing the system, select <star>-system->
configuration->KDE->system->login. Then select the user's tab and
proceed to think negatively. Click on the users you do NOT want to
be able to login the X-Windows system via the login screen. If that
works you are done. If not you have to cheat. Go back to the commandline
and issue the "telinit 3" command as root. Then issue the "startx"
command to get into X-Windows as root. You should be able to use
the above steps from there.

{^_^}