Danesh Daroui wrote:

Hi all,

I have installed samba on mandk 10.1 official for act as server for a small LAN (4 clients). All clietns have Windows XP. I have added unix user to server for all clients too. My server is visible to all clients but none of them can connect to server. The error message is The user doesn't have permission or something like that. I guess that there is something wrong with samba users. I have added samba users first by using SWAT but it is just confusing and Iused sambaclient at command line to add a user and it added succesfully. I couls even connect locally to my samba server by using added samba user. I used to install FC3 and it has a great graphical tool (except SWAT) to manage samba users ans shares and also to congifure Apache in a graphical UI and both was great. I did use that and it was working perfectly but I don't know here in mndk is anything like that. Can anybody help ?

Regards,

Danesh

What is the exact command you used to add the Samba users?

It should be:
smbpasswd -a username

It will then ask for your password. For consistency it should match the password of the corresponding Unix user and the corresponding Windows user. Watch the messages displayed after entering this info. to make sure that the addition was successful.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]