Hello,

    Problem sorted. thanks. So far I was trying to access the WAN Ip
from my local machine. I didnt know that if I do that it will loop back
to the router admin page.

Now I asked my friend to do that. it works fine. simple thing. But
it was a head ache for a long time.

Any way thanks for your help.

Cheers
Amala Singh

Eric Scott wrote:

amalasingh wrote:

Folks,

I am a mdk10.1 user. I am trying to access my localhost by
typing my WAN IP address.

But it just goes to the Router firewall page. I checked my
router settings(especially virtual server configuration) all
set correctly. Also confirmed with the router vendor.

The vendor says we need technical expertise to forward the
local server. Is that true? Do I need to have some networking
knowledge to do forward even my http local server??

I use just default ports(80)

Please help me.

Cheers
Amala Singh

Why companies insist on treating their customers as stupid idiots (Starband is aweful about this too.... annoying people, wish I could get DSL here) who couldn't care less about things like port forwarding is beyond me, but if you find a howto as to configure your router it should be intuitive enough. What type of router do you have? Each one is different, but often they have a http-based configuration applet built in, so you simple go to "http://[routerLocalIP]"; and it's all right there. From that point there should be stuff on google that'll tell you how to forward ports.