On Monday 20 December 2004 17:37, Alan wrote:
> I am trying to update my dns settings. I change the server ip through
> webmin but they don´t ¨stick¨
>
> When i go back into the dns client screen again it did not save the
> settings.
>
> What files do i need to edit to do this manually?
>
> Thanks
Edit /etc/resolv.conf  You can also set it in the Internet GUI of Mandrake
Control Centre.

If you are using DHCP to get an IP address your ISP may be overriding your
desired DNS server entry. To prevent that, add the line NOPEERDNS
to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0  (or whatever file corresponds
to your connection)

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net