On Tuesday 21 December 2004 19:00, Edward Wijaya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently using Mdk 10.1
>
> If I want to *Upgrade* my apps (e.g. Mozilla),
> using GUI interface, what option should I use
> in Mandrake Control Center ->Software Managemet?
>
> Install or Updates?
>
> Thanks so much for your time.

You can use either the "Update" or "Install" GUI.
When the "update" GUI starts it will refresh the list of available updates
from the Mandrake Update server. This server will not contain upgrades for
mozilla because it is principally for security updates or bug fixes. But if
you have added additional online sources such as Charles Edwards' site which
contains recent package upgrades, then you can press the 'Update Media'
button and refresh the list of available packages from those sites. The
update GUI will then show you the list of upgradable packages.

Similarly with the "Install" GUI. Press the 'Update Media' button, then filter
on 'All packages by:Update availability'

To add update sources such as Charles' site either use the  urpmi command as
described here http://www.eslrahc.com/10.1/  or use the 'Media Manager' GUI
(URL= http://www.eslrahc.com/10.1 , Relative path = hdlist.cz )
BTW: When installing packages from Charles' site you may see "signature
errors". You can either ignore them or follow the instructions in Charles'
recent post to prevent them. (The archives will have the post)

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org