Miark wrote:

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:08:47 +0300, EE wrote:

I am using interface aliasing (Many IP Address on one physical card)
the problem is that everytime I restart my PC everything goes back to
its original i.e. I have to retype the above again. Where can I put
these commands so it is executed everytime I restart my computer.

/etc/rc.d/rc.local

Miark

While that will work, it isn't realy the "correct" way to do it. If you create the proper files in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts, then you can use commands like "ifup eth0:1" and "ifdown eth0:1" on them, as well as giving normal users the ability to control them if you want. You can also deside if you want then to come up automaticly at boot, or be manualy controlled. A much cleaner way to do it.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!