Have you tried Cubit Accounting? It's a South African product that has
accounting and payroll function and is GPL. See www.cubit.co.za.

Google shows quite a few experiences with Quickbooks running under wine and
Crossover Office. CXOffice 4 has native support for Quickbooks 2000, a status
they normally only accord software that actually works. Many of us have the
same problem, I run a Windows machine purely for Pastel Accounting. Pastel is
a disaster under CXOffice. It kind-of installs and that's about it. I am
dropping it in favor of Cubit in the 2005 financial year.

Ed